British Esports are seeking a highly motivated individual with experience within facilities operations management, preferably within the hospitality, live events or leisure sector. It would be beneficial if the candidate holds qualifications such as IOSH Managing Safely, first aid at work, fire marshal training, has knowledge of licencing for the sale of alcohol and food hygiene standards. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced level DBS check on joining, which will be reviewed on an annual basis.
To be a professional and efficient point of contact for all students, lecturers and guests of The Place and The Arena. To ensure that everyone receives the highest standard of service and cooperation at all times, whilst ensuring the smooth running of all areas.
- To ensure that the guest experience from entry to the venue through to departure is delivered according to Departmental Standard Operating Procedures and the guest expectation.
- To be a key figure within the facilities operation, providing inspirational leadership and guidance to team members and to be the first point of contact.
- To input and review Departmental Standard Operating Procedures and objectives in line with Company policies.
- To have a management presence in and around The Place and The Arena, in order to meet and greet guests.
- To attend to all enquiries, requests and complaints promptly, ensuring a high level of personal service whilst communicating any special requirements of individuals to other departments/areas of the venue.
- To ensure that you are fully aware of all up and coming events.
- To ensure that shifts are well organised, that the team is allocated duties and that they are completed at the end of the shift.
- To display and encourage the team to achieve a high level of personal hygiene, appropriate uniform, overall appearance, customer care, courtesy and social skills.
- To have a working knowledge of all IT systems and the CRM.
- Create, review and ensure all team members are working to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Create and manage rotas for the The Place and The Arena.
- Ensure all relevant team members are DBS checked and all safeguarding policies are followed on a continuous basis.
- Maintain legal requirements in relation to GDPR and security (e.g., CCTV surveillance).
- Develop strategic supplier relationships to guarantee competitive pricing and quality of work.
- Liaise with maintenance and cleaning contractors as and when needed.
- To contribute to the completion of the yearly budget.
- To drive Food & Beverage sales in order to achieve sales targets.
- To ensure that managers are managing and controlling costs effectively, in line with business levels and budgetary expectations.
- To monitor departmental costs and make sure that they are in line with business levels and budgets.
- To assist with the training of all operational staff and monitor performance.
- To check that all transactions, floats, adjustments, allowances and balancing procedures are implemented proficiently.
- To ensure the continual safekeeping of all cash/security/keys and that regular banking is made in compliance with laid down company policies and security arrangements.
- To ensure that all storage areas are locked and kept neat, clean and tidy at all times.
- To monitor departmental staffing levels in line with company policy.
- To ensure that all public areas, arena, classrooms are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To be aware of and adhere to health and safety, fire and bomb threat procedures, and to report any items which causes concern to staff or clients.
- To report any technical maintenance that is required through the correct channels
- Any other reasonable tasks allocated by the Company.
Policy and Procedures:
- Adhere to all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with statutory and company health and safety policies.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Ensure annual appraisals, job chats and job reviews and appraisals are completed in line with company policy.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Ensure regular and appropriate communication with other departments to maintain a courteous and professional relationship.
- Attend work punctually.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal presentation and organisation.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks allocated by the management.
£35,000 – £40,000 per annum