It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects at all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. We launched our exciting new music game, Beatstar, just over one year ago, and have some super creative projects that we’re working on behind the scenes! Check out our artstation to get a glimpse of the other genres we’ve been working on.
About Our Music Games Business
Beatstar is the world’s top grossing music game, having grossed $100m since launch. With billions of song plays Beatstar has quickly become a significant new music discovery platform with artists such as Eminem, Nicki Minaj and Imagine Dragons choosing to launch their projects through events in the game.
In addition to growing the game’s community of 50 million players through a combination of distribution partnerships and marketing initiatives, we are also launching a new music game called Countrystar (currently in soft launch in Canada) and are constantly evaluating opportunities to expand this beloved brand in interesting ways which we can’t yet talk about publicly yet.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for the brand, marketing, and community surrounding the Music franchise, effectively acting as the CMO of the franchise.
- Serve as a key member of the game team leadership, ensuring the game has a clearly defined audience and that marketing campaigns are effectively engaging.
- Develop and launch marketing plans based on solid user insights and strategic alignment with the product roadmap to ultimately expand the player base.
- Collaborate with the User Acquisition team to optimise advertising campaign targeting and assets for ad networks and app stores.
- Oversee the direction of marketing creatives, Social Media & Community strategy, including direct management of Marketing Managers dedicated to individual titles.
- Analyse the performance of marketing campaigns and report to the production team, marketing & UA team, and leadership.
- Collaborate effectively with game teams, external marketing functions, and offices, including music partners and Supercell marketing teams.
- Assist the team in navigating unique marketing opportunities and challenges in countries where localization and local partnerships are crucial.
- Passion for games and brands
- Demonstrated capability in long-term strategic thinking & planning with a strong analytical eye on results
- Strong understanding of performance marketing
- Practical experience working with performance marketing and/or game production
- Proactive doer, getting hands-on when needed
- Nice to have: Analytical skills and experience looking at data
- Nice to have: music experience or a strong interest in music
- Depending on the stage of the game, the role may also require collaboration with the Supercell teams in Helsinki and San Francisco so it might entail some international travel.
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that has been crowned one of the best places to work, for the last 5 years in a row!
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 5* Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched five games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
Our studio is currently 120 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.