At EFG (ESL FACEIT GROUP) we create worlds beyond gameplay, where players and fans become a community. We pride ourselves in having a corporate social responsibility which is that “IT’S NOT GG, UNTIL IT’S GG FOR ALL”. Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why EFG is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
You will sit within the Data Privacy team and the broader EFG Legal team, and play a key role in the continued improvement, coordination, and management of EFG’s Data Privacy Programme, as well as having the opportunity to get involved with company initiatives that involve the processing of personal data.
As Junior Privacy Counsel, you will provide legal advice and support to the EFG’s global esports business. You will be a key member of a commercially focused, collaborative and supportive legal team, working in an exciting, varied and fast paced environment and providing high quality, practical and timely legal advice.
What you will do:
- you will advise all of EFG's business and corporate functions, including Product, Sales, Marketing, IT, HR, Finance and Compliance, with respect to privacy related issues, and data protection issues.
- You will also be directly supporting multiple lawyers located globally on data and privacy matters that arise in contract negotiations and commercial undertakings.
- collaborate effectively with regional and local legal teams, to help implement and improve the global data & privacy program, through the creation of globally led standards and guidance.
- partner with key areas of the business to be their first point of contact to provide legal and strategic data protection and privacy advice seeking solutions that help minimise risk and resolve issues whilst maximising opportunities for our business to deliver on its goals and protect commercial interests.
- Advocate the ‘value add’ of privacy advice and support across the company, through conducting training, distribution of globally led privacy thought leadership and more general awareness-raising exercises.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a variety of documents including, but not limited to, data protection agreements, privacy impact assessments, vendor agreements, internal policies.
- Supporting maintenance of records of processing activities as well as other privacy related processes.
What you need:
- At least 2 years PQE as a qualified Lawyer
- Experience advising on Data Privacy in either a well-respected private practice or in-house environment.
- Strong interest and experience in data privacy and digital technology preferred.
- CIPP/E or similar certification would be beneficial.
- OneTrust experience would be beneficial.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international).
- Affinity for esports and gaming a plus.