It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects at all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. We launched our exciting new music game, Beatstar, just over one year ago, and have some super creative projects that we’re working on behind the scenes! Check out our artstation to get a glimpse of the other genres we’ve been working on.
We are seeking a highly motivated, passionate and talented audio designer to help deliver great audio content for our studio. Alongside the Studio Audio Director, you will work across a wide portfolio of new, in-development and live game titles in addition to the production of linear marketing assets for the whole studio. You will play a key part in building relationships with teams, whilst showcasing and advocating for great audio within the mobile space at all stages of development.
- Contributes to audio requirements required for our game titles and marketing assets
- Assists in the brainstorming, storyboarding and development of concepts with an aim to produce audio which is effective and innovative on mobile devices
- Creates pre-viz material to clearly communicate audio concepts whilst fostering an audio culture of collaboration and open feedback amongst colleagues
- Designs, creates and delivers high quality assets that deliver on quality and performance
- Actively contributes to promoting the benefits of audio for the company, showcasing its impact on user engagement and product success
- 3+ years experience in game audio development, including sound design, voice over, music editing, implementation and mixing
- Experience in creating linear marketing assets across a variety of styles
- Proficient in game implementation middleware (Wwise/Unity) with experience using source control and project scheduling tools
- Excellent communication and pitching skills, with the ability to articulate abstract ideas and collaborate effectively to achieve great results
- Ability to balance and prioritise workload across multiple projects, ensuring the required quality standards are deadlines are met
- Maintains solid and impressive organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Exhibits critical listening skills, with a keen ear capable of analysing complex audio content
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback internally and externally in a professional and positive manner
- Enthusiastic for creating great sounding audio, especially in mobile
- Passionate for games, gaming culture, music and industry trends
- Highly proactive and collaborative personality, able to inspire and motivate others
- Desire to learn and adapt to changing technology, including new tools and AI
- Friendly, outgoing and personable, with a positive attitude and a willingness to help others
- Nice to have: Experience in sound design for casual games
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that has been crowned one of the best places to work, for the last 5 years in a row!
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 5* Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched five games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
Our studio is currently 120 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.