- Are esports a part of your daily life?
- Do you have experience in esports tournament operations/management?
If the answers to the above questions are yes, then this role could be ideal for you!
As a tournament services operator, you will be responsible for driving, executing and working closely with our Tournament partners, aligning with GRID’s vision and mission of consolidating the esports scene through leveraging data rights towards sustainability.
This ranges from ensuring our partner’s tournaments operate smoothly, to building and maintaining relationships with clients and partners. This includes frequent meetings and communication with partners, creating and maintaining documentation (both internal and external) and delivering reports to management and external stakeholders.
You will be expected to be proactive in your approach to work, in order to ensure all activation and tasks are delivered in a timely manner and align with the company vision. Your work will also feature setting up workflows and documentation related to GRID’s Esports Solutions.
The Tournament Operations role within GRID is to support and build on sustainable activations for our partners and sponsors, therefore guaranteeing renewed and healthy relationships.
What you will do
- Collaborate and follow processes of other departments within GRID to build successful pieces of work together.
- Create and maintain a database of tournament-centric documents.
- External facing communication with relevant tournament stakeholders.
- Work with our foundational partners and ensure they deliver their services in line with our client requirements and GRID’s vision.
- Manage tournament inventory, ensure timely delivery, and identify potential new areas of inventory in order to expand the building process.
- Maintain strict adherence to budget, timeline and all requirements agreed with our clients and partners.
- Ensure that partnered events are successfully held with minimal issues, and take prompt steps to resolve any that may jeopardize the success of a partner’s event.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our clients and partners, deliver partner reports and ensure all stakeholders are up to date with relevant information.
- Prepare and maintain tournament documentation, collect data post-tournament and deliver reports on viewership, operational excellence, etc.
Your skills will include
- Extensive knowledge of CS:GO esports is preferred.
- Knowledge of DOTA esports is preferred.
- Experience with online gaming/betting platforms preferred.
- Previous experience in tournament management is preferred.
- Experience with working with processes and software such as Google Drive, Microsoft Office, JIRA, Confluence, and Juro.
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally across various channels such as Slack, Discord, Skype, and Gmail.
- English (spoken and written) on a B2+ level.
About Our Culture
- Flexibility: Work from the place that inspires and motivates you the most! From our awesome Berlin/ Wroclaw offices to the comfort of your own home. Meet up in person with your colleagues every so often, making use of the travel opportunities GRID offers
- Sustainability: We’re not a typical start-up. We want our engineers to be rested and able to perform. We offer a generous vacation allowance (28+ days a year) and the opportunity to speak with professional counsellors to support mental health - covered by the business
- Pragmatic: GRID thrives on being pragmatic, allowing us to make the best decisions, rather than keeping to rigid processes and procedures that don’t work well for us
- Fostering growth: Empowering employees who are determined to grow by providing a self-development budget and strong career advancement opportunities. Support from your teammates to guide and encourage you to grow in your desired professional field
- Company culture: We believe a diverse industry is best served with a diverse workforce. With over 30 nationalities and a team happiness score of 4.2 / 5, GRID is proud of the company culture it has built
GRID is a data platform for the game industry enabling extraction, management, monetization, and distribution of in-game data assets.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of game data for everyone. To create a rich and sustainable ecosystem where game data thrives.
We have offices in Berlin, Germany and Wroclaw, Poland with a truly diverse, international workforce. Covering 30+ nationalities across a team of ~100 people and growing.
For more information please visit
Apply today to find out more and begin your journey!